Your Dental Crowns Choice for SW Calgary!
Ultima Dental Wellness is pleased to offer a variety of restorative dental treatments, including Dental Crowns.
What Are Dental Crowns?
Dental Crowns, or “caps” as they’re commonly known as, are dental prostheses that are placed over a damaged tooth, essentially covering or ‘capping’ it, to restore its natural shape and appearance.
Dental Crowns may be the ideal treatment option when previous fillings have broken or fractured, where there are chipped surfaces noted, or where tooth sensitivity is involved. Crowns are also used to improve the appearance of natural teeth that are malformed, malpositioned or discolored.
Dental Crowns are an ideal solution for a long-lasting correction of major dental problems!
About Dental Crowns
Dental Crowns can be made from various materials, which include porcelain, Zirconia based porcelain, porcelain-fused-to-metal, and full-cast metal. Based on numerous factors including esthetics, position within the mouth, habits such as grinding, and your personal preference, a full assessment will be needed to determine which material is appropriate for you.
What are some of the indications for requiring a dental crown?
- A previously filled tooth where there now exists more filling than tooth. The existing tooth structure becomes weakened and can no longer support the filling.
- Extensive damage by decay or breakage
- Discolorations and compromised esthetics
- Root canal: After root canal therapy, teeth tend to become brittle and are more apt to fracture. These teeth need to be protected and strengthened by a crown.
- Bridges: When missing teeth are replaced with a bridge, the adjacent teeth require crowns in order to support the replacement teeth. Crowns strengthen and protect the remaining tooth structure and can improve the appearance of your teeth.
If you are interested in a long-term, cost-effective, esthetic and durable restoration, a crown may be the best treatment option for you!
What are Some Key Benefits of Dental Crowns?
- Offers support to misshapen teeth or badly broken teeth
- Protects teeth with large fillings from breaking
- Protects teeth that have had root canal treatment from breaking
- Can enhance your smile and improve functional chewing problems
- Looks completely natural