We Welcome All Patients Experiencing a Dental Emergency!
If you are not sure if a dental problem requires emergency dentistry, our Ultima dentists offer this advice: If it hurts, it’s an emergency!
This is because even injuries that seem small or superficial can affect the living tissues inside the teeth. Quick treatment improves the odds of saving injured or damaged teeth.
Even if you are not in much pain, any structural damage to a tooth — from a sports injury, for example — should be considered an emergency. Because chips or fractures can affect the living tissue inside the tooth, leaving them may cause more problems in the future. Ultima Dental Wellness is here to prevent any possible damage from getting worse!
Even Lost Crowns or Fillings Can be a Dental Emergency!
The same can be true for a lost filling or crown. Even if you do not have any symptoms, the tooth has lost its support and it could easily become weaker. Pieces could break off or crumble, and you would need more extensive treatment. If you see your dentist right away, there is a good chance they will be able to repair the damage with minimal treatment.
Ultima Dental Wellness welcomes dental emergencies ranging from broken teeth to oral injuries!
What are the typical symptoms of a Dental Emergency?
- A toothache that won’t go away
- Facial swelling
- Tooth pain that is non-responsive to pain killers
- Any pain that wakes you up at night
- A gum infection
- Sensitivity to cold or hot liquids or sweets
- Pain from biting pressure
- Constant or intermittent tooth pain
- Severe throbbing tooth pain
- Tissue swelling of the face
- Bad taste or odor in your mouth
- Bleeding from the mouth
- A loss of a tooth, a cracked, broken or chipped tooth, or an abscessed tooth
- A loss of filling or crown