Your SW Calgary Choice for Dental Implants
If you have one or more missing teeth, and are looking for a permanent and durable solution, Ultima Dental Wellness is pleased to offer the convenience of Dental Implants.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are used to replace missing teeth by fusing an artificial screw device made of titanium metal or ceramic into the jawbone. The titanium screw device replaces the natural root of your tooth and is surgically fixed into the jaw to provide a solid base for the artificial tooth replacement. To complete the restoration, it is then fitted with a dental crown or bridge.
Why Choose A Dental Implant?
Dental implants are the closest restoration you can get that acts like your natural teeth, and they can look and function just like a regular tooth. They may be an ideal replacement that can improve the overall aesthetics of your smile. Additionally, they will allow you to enjoy many of the foods you may have been missing out on.
They can be used individually, or to support a number of dental prostheses, including implant-supported dental bridges, partial dentures, and complete dentures. Dental implants can also improve how your dentures fit, as well as relieve the pain and irritation to the gum tissue often associated with denture adhesive; since dental implants ‘clip’ into place, they replace the need for denture adhesive altogether.
What are the benefits of Dental Implants?
- There is a significant improvement in the overall quality of life for patients who have implant-supported or retained dentures, as opposed to standard or conventional (free-floating) dentures.
- Dental implants are the closest option to your natural teeth; they can look, feel and function just like your own teeth.
- Dental implants can improve the overall appearance of your smile.
- Implants maintain, or realign, facial structure and profile, and preserve bone.
- Dental Implants are easy to clean and do not decay.
- Implants help to preserve adjacent natural teeth. With an implant-supported bridge, there is no need to stress or traumatize adjacent natural teeth in order to hold the bridge in place. Traditional removable partial dentures also place stress forces on the remaining natural teeth.
More benefits of Dental Implants
- Implant-supported crowns and bridges have a longer functioning life than conventional crowns and bridges placed over natural tooth structure.
- Implants help to prevent the appearance of premature aging due to bone loss. Osteoporosis can accelerate bone loss with patients using standard or conventional dentures.
- Patients who wear conventional full dentures often experience difficulty eating, speaking and smiling. Implant-supported dentures virtually eliminate embarrassing denture slippage. The implants ‘anchor’ the dentures.
- Implants are cost-effective when considering the functioning life of the implant.
- The success rate for dental implants is extremely high; in the 95% range. With proper care and good dental hygiene, it’s rare that implants will fail.
We know that replacing missing teeth with a high functioning restoration solution is important to you. It is our goal at Ultima Dental Wellness to provide you with dental implant restoration that is long-lasting, looks completely natural and functions normally.